Start: Ceinws village
Grid Reference: SH760 059
Distance: 11.3 km – 7 miles (additional 0.7km - 0.4 miles to Llanwrin)
Grade: Moderate / Strenuous
Terrain: Firm tracks, open fields
Maps: OS Explorer 215
Refreshments: Dwynant Pub at Ceinws
1. From the telephone kiosk turn L uphill signposted Ael-y-bryn. Walk ahead to go through a G, and follow the track up. Just before you reach a second G veer R up the bank and follow the fence on your L to walk around the back of the house before turning L, then R to follow a path down the bank to cross a small stream. Follow the green lane around the side of the hill before turning L through a G to walk diagonally downhill to cross a FB.
2. Walk up to the road and turn R, then continue until you reach a large lay-by on your L and two bridges on your R. Cross the furthest wooden FB and walk L uphill through a G. Where the track emerges on to another track, turn L to go through a G and cross stream.
3. Just before Cae Cwta ruin, turn sharp R up into the trees. At the end of the woodland go through a G and walk uphill to go through L gateway then continue up veering L to follow a faint track. Go through a G, and walk along a defined path to reach a clear track at a G. Go through the G and follow the track down through Gs to reach a tarmac lane.
4. Turn R then immediately L to walk up through G and on past outbuildings at Ysgubor Fraithwen. Go through the G on L, then another G further on before forking L in front of another G to follow the path uphill. Walking with the fence on your R go through a kissing G, then follow LH fence to go through another G. When you reach the end of the fence, continue ahead to go downhill through L hand G A. With the hedge on your L continue down to go through another G, then on down towards the bottom RH corner of the field, to walk down the bank.
5. At the track, turn L to go to Llanwrin B, otherwise turn R uphill to where the track bends sharply L next to a waymark post. Turn R here then immediately L to climb up the steep hill, keeping L of the grass track to close in with the stream on your L. When you reach the fence at the top turn L, then R through a G next to some pine trees. Walk directly uphill and go through a G on your R, before turning immediately L to walk down the bank through a G. Walk ahead to go through a G on woodland boundary, then down the steep bank through a G in the bottom RH corner of the field. Walk through Gelli farmyard and through a G, before turning immediately L next to a marker post to walk down the bank veering R to cross a FB.
6. Turn L at the track to walk down and around a sharp LH bend through a G to reach the tarmac road then turn R.
7. Continue along the road to pass the entrance for Esgair hir before turning L at the fork to cross the stream, then up through a G to pass Maesycriau farmhouse and on through a G C to follow a well defined path uphill. Go through another two Gs and head up towards a dip in the hill passing a G and track on the L. Go through the RH gate in the field corner and up the bank before turning L to walk along a well defined track through 3 Gs.
8. At the end of the fence just after the 3rd G, turn R downhill D. Keep the fence on your R to go through a G at the bottom of the field, before retracing your steps around the side of house and back to the start.