An Underground Storytelling Adventure to the past.
Grab a hard hat and join your guide; a mysterious Dark Age boatman. Climb aboard the underground boat, and set sail on a journey which takes you along winding tunnels, through a magical waterfall and across a thousand years.
Deep inside the Labyrinth and in the darkest of the Dark Ages, your hooded boatman guides you around the spectacular underground setting. Enjoy thrilling tales of King Arthur and other ancient Welsh legends. Dramatic scenes, light and sound effects make this an exciting adventure for all ages.
PLEASE NOTE: When making an online booking PLEASE ARRIVE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR BOAT SAILS and bring along a print out of your booking or some personal identification to claim your tickets from reception. If for some reason you are RUNNING LATE YOU MUST PHONE US at least 45 minutes before your sailing time and we will do our best to resell your tickets and transfer your seats to a later boat. Please read and accept the Terms and Conditions and important information below about your visit.
If your first name is Arthur and you're taking advantage of our Arthurs Sail Free promotion, please book and pay for your seat in the normal way. We will reimburse you for your ticket on arrival and upon receipt of your valid photographic ID.
For Further information contact us -
Website - www.kingarthurslabyrinth.co.uk
Telephone - 01654 761584
Ticket Terms And Conditions - Please Read
1. THE TIME YOU BOOK IS THE TIME THE UNDERGROUND BOAT SAILS. PLEASE ARRIVE at the King Arthur's Labyrinth reception AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE THIS TIME with your printed confirmation or personal identification to claim your tickets, to sort out helmets and to prepare for sailing.
2. If you are running LATE PLEASE PHONE US at least 45 minutes before your sailing time and we will do our best to RESELL YOUR TICKETS AND THEN MOVE YOUR SEATS TO A LATER BOAT. On busy days this may be at a considerably later time or not possible at all.
In the event that we are not able to resell your tickets, we regret that a refund will not be given as your previously booked seats will have sailed into the Labyrinth empty. Furthermore, in these circumstances, if you wish to sail on a later boat, then new tickets must be purchased for the new sailing time.
3. We regret that we are unable to refund payments for seats which are not claimed on time.
4. On arrival at reception you can pay to upgrade your ticket to a combined ticket which also includes Bards' Quest, if you so wish.
5. Every effort will be made for boats to sail on time. However, the boat may sometimes be delayed for reasons beyond our control.
6. During periods of persistent heavy rain the pathways in the underground caverns occasionally flood which makes it difficult to walk through the Labyrinth. In such weather conditions, we advise that you contact us, in advance of traveling, to ensure that underground trips into the Labyrinth are running. When we have had to close the Labyrinth due to pathway flooding we will either rebook your boat seats or provide you with a full refund for your tickets.
7. In the unlikely event that we are unable to operate the underground trips you will be contacted by telephone, if at all possible, at the earliest opportunity and your visit will be rearranged or a full refund will be made.
Important Information - Please Read
The Labyrinth adventure is not suitable for those who would have difficulty walking at a steady pace in an underground tunnel in dim lighting.
The Labyrinth adventure may not be suitable for very young children.
Please read carefully the - Additional Information for Parents, or Guardians, of Young Children below.
The temperature underground is cool (10ºC, 50ºF) whatever the weather. For your own comfort, please wear warm clothing and suitable shoes
Paths: The paths underground have no steep slopes and are surfaced with gravel. The surface can be a little uneven and can sometimes be a little muddy in parts. There are two steps down into the boat on boarding and two up on disembarking.
Lighting: The tunnels are lit throughout but at a subdued level.
Walking Distance: Deep underground, you explore the Labyrinth on foot, a walk of about half a mile, stopping from time to time.
Walking Speed: A steady pace which is pre-set and cannot be slowed. Please keep up with the person ahead of you and stay with the group at all times. If you find that you have to travel more slowly, please let your Boatman know and then walk at the back of the group. You can then travel at your own pace and the Boatman will ensure that you do not get lost. However, you may miss the start of some of the presentations.
Helmets: Safety legislation insists that you wear the helmet provided at all times. The tunnel roofs are uneven and are low in places but are generally around 6 ft high. Take care not to bang your head
Only guide dogs are allowed underground. Guide dog users should consult reception staff about the conditions their dog will encounter underground.
Flash photography or the use of personal lights of any sort can spoil the visit for others in your group and are therefore not allowed underground.
Smoking is not allowed underground. This is a legal requirement.
Misbehaviour of any sort will result in the offender being removed from Company property forthwith without any admission charges being refunded.
No person who is considered by employees of the Company to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed on the tour and no refund will be given.
The Company reserves the right to claim compensation for any damage to Company property, however caused.
There are no toilets underground.
Important Information for Parents & Guardians -
If you are carrying your child, please do not carry them on your back. The tunnels are low in some places and a child on your back would be very vulnerable should you duck to avoid a low roof. By carrying your child in front, you will ensure that its head is always lower than yours.
If your child gets upset during the visit and makes a noise during the presentations, please move a little way from your group to avoid spoiling their experience. Your guide will assist you where necessary.
The rules insist that everyone underground wears a helmet at all times. Sadly we cannot find children?s helmets that meet the Health and Safety requirements so they have to make do with adult helmets. In the case of small children, the fit of the helmet can be improved if it is worn over a hat or hood.
Push chairs can only be taken as far as the entrance tunnel to the Labyrinth and can be left there while you are underground.
There are no Baby changing facilities underground but there are available in both the Ladies and Mens toilets.
If this is a personal
purchase and you are a UK taxpayer*, Corris Caverns Ltd can increase
the value of your purchase without costing you a penny. If you tick the 'Reclaim Gift Aid' box and fill
in your full name and home address details, Corris Caverns Ltd will be
able to claim at least 25% extra from the Government on top of your purchase
made through Visit Mid Wales. Your name and address will be forwarded to Corris Caverns Ltd in this case to allow them to claim the Gift Aid.
*You must have paid UK tax this year at least equal to the
25% Corris Caverns Ltd will claim.