Refine your search
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Tyddyn Mawr and book online
Guest Accommodation for the Year for Wales 2014 Award!
Established in 1986, this 18th Century Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, which is only 3 miles from the historic market town of Dolgellau, provides a very high standard of customer care. The owner Olwen Evans has won many awards including AA Guest Accommodation of the Year Award, AA Best Breakfast Award for Wales and AA Friendliest B & B of the Year 2012-13 UK Finalist.
Tyddyn Mawr has been lovingly restored offering superb 5 star farmhouse accommodation, lovely oak beams and log fires. It is the perfect base to explore Southern Snowdonia. The farm nestles at the foot of Cader Idris amidst wild, stunning scenery and Tyddyn Mawr is a paradise for the photographer, walker, rambler, birdwatcher and artist.
The luxurious accommodation comprises two relaxing, large and comfortable bedrooms - one on the ground floor with French doors leading onto the patio suitable for those of limited mobiliy, and one upstairs with a balcony for a stunning view of Cader Idris mountain.
Both bedrooms are tastefully decorated with handmade Welsh oak furniture and luxurious bathrooms ensuring all guests have a memorable and relaxing stay.
Sit, relax and digest the magnificent Cader Idris mountain, explore its mountain lakes or if you're feeling energetic, you can climb to the summit or just lie in bed and admire the landscape!
Children welcome from age 14.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Working farm
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- CD player
- Staff fluent in Welsh
Children welcome from age 14.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
The propery has 1 room and ground floor but has 1 step to enter the farmhouse. The ensuite bathroom has a corner bath. The room is big enough for a wheelchair but there is 1 step to get into the breakfast room. Owner is available to help if there are any difficulties.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours