Lôn Lodges – Access Statement
This statement has been written as a guide to the suitability of our Lodges for your accommodation needs and accessibility.
If there is a specific requirement that you would like to know, please contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions.
TRANSPORT AND LOCATION
* The Lodges can be accessed directly by guests personal vehicles.
* A bus stop is located 1 mile from the Lodges at the A44 turn off point.
* Nearest train station is Llandrindod Wells – 9 miles
* A taxi service operates locally
* Cycle hire available from local bike shop in Rhayader (4 miles)
* Ordnance Survey GB grid reference number is SO 025 679
* Mobile phone networks available.
* The site entrance is accessed from a country lane (council road, tarmac surface). The stone and gravel drive leads you immediately to the private entrance gates (2 opening wooden gates giving a 4.27 metre width access).
* Private parking access for two large vehicles (gravelled stone surface). There is a slight gradient slope away from the Lodge.
* Immediate access to the entrance door for unloading/loading luggage.
* The main entrance door (opening width 71 cm) to the lobby is accessed by two steps, max 15 cm high. The door opens inwards (top third glazed window gives visibility on entrance). A window blind is fixed if privacy is required.
* Wheelchair entry gained via wooden decked ramp (gradient 1:12, length 6ft.), a right angle turn on the ramp takes you up a second ramp (same gradient). The alternative access is by two separate fully glazed doors (toughened safety glass) that open outwards (door latches fixed to hold doors open). Door width – 81 cm with a 2 cm threshold gives access to the living/kitchen area.
* Two additional full glazed patio doors (same specification) lead to the two front double bedrooms.
* All external doors have a 5 lever mortice lock” lever door handle and use a lift up action” lock and key.
* External wall light placed at the main entrance and two wall lights illuminate the veranda entrance. There are four spotlights around Lodge to give additional light.
* Pets including assistance dogs are welcome. Assistance dogs have access to all areas. All other pets have no access to bedrooms.
* A welcome literacy pack contains helpful information, including emergency contact details, shopping suggestions and tourist attraction details.
* Literacy pack does not contain a Braille format.
* Internal flooring throughout is all on one level.
* Living/kitchen and bedroom floors have light oak engineered wood boards.
* Lobby, hall, bathroom and toilet rooms have grey floor tiles.
* Interior décor throughout the main living/kitchen and bedroom areas is light in colour with cream painted walls and pine wood ceilings. The furnishings have good colour contrast and the rooms are well lit with several lighting options.
* Bedrooms have non-feather pillows and duvets with Egyptian cotton sheets and polycotton duvet covers.
* Bathroom is tiled from ceiling to floor and has a good ceiling light as well as a mirror light
* Interior doors are wood, width 80 cm with black wrought iron lever handles. The bathroom and toilet doors have an additional turn lock on handle.
* All light switches and power points are at a sensible height.
* Underfloor heating throughout gives warmth to the floors.
* Electric wood burner effect stove can be switched on at ground level.
* Upright wall mounted heated towel rail is positioned in the bathroom.
* All rooms have a window/windows that are mainly bottom opening using two window stays and side lock. Windows are vented.
* Bathroom and toilet have external wall extractor fans, as well as side opening windows.
* Integrated cooker hood has an external extractor fan.
* Two audible smoke alarms are situated in the kitchen and hall.
* Well lit with ceiling light and table lamp. Internal and external light switches are placed immediatel y inside door.
* Access to bathroom and toilet from lobby
* Hall width is 85 cm.
* Two 3 seater” leather sofas give comfortable seating for 6 people.
* 19” LCD flatscreen TV positioned for easy viewing. Operates by remote control. Sky Freeview channels available for latest reports and news.
* DVD player, positioned under TV, operates by remote control.
* Electric fire operated at ground level.
* Lighting consists of drop ceiling pendant, wall mounted light & table lamp.
* Fitted kitchen base cupboards with metal D handle” openers, run flush with exterior wall and two wall cupboards are empty for food storage (not accessible from wheelchair height).
* Base units contain crockery, cutlery, pans, bake ware, utensils, empty food storage space, laundry items, cleaning pack and the First Aid Box.
* Work top height is a standard 950 mm.
* Dresser style unit, with eye level shelving, holds the glassware and large cleaning/laundry items. Lower shelves hold the CD/radio, hairdryer, torch, books, DVDs, games and maps.
* Standard sized integrated appliances are located in the base units.
Dishwasher – pull down door and push button operation.
70/30 ratio tall fridge over freezer – same handles as units
Washer/dryer - front loading with push and dial controls
Single fan oven and grill – in base unit (pull down door) with selector knobs, and minute minder. Extractor fan and light control above cooker at higher level, not accessible from wheelchair height.
Ceramic hob – sits on top of oven with 4 heat rings, knob controls and illuminated residual heat indicators.
Microwave oven – sits on top of kitchen work surface, a push button opens the door, 2 manual dial controls for time and heat setting.
Kettle – (cordless) sits on top of kitchen work surface.
Sink – A metal single sink and drainer with a swivelled swan neck tap.