Following the success of the last Quirks in 2010 the Railway has received numerous requests to stage the sequel and we are hoping to make it bigger, better and quirkier than before!
We are delighted to confirm our first three guests. Leaving its home base for the first time ever is Jeremy Martin’s 1885 Decauville steam loco based at the Richmond Light Railway in Kent. Making the journey from Kent with owner Peter Beevers is Aneirin, a delightful 7.25 inch locomotive and the smaller cousin of resident loco Taliesin.
Also confirmed to attend is the sole remaining two-foot gauge Muir Hill locomotive, similar to the one that came to the Ffestiniog on loan from the Aluminium Corporation's Cowlyd Reservoir Railway in 1924. Another similar tractor was used by the quarry companies in the period between 1946 and 1963 when they worked their own traffic over the FR main line in Blaenau Ffestiniog.