Find out how to make critical improvements to your home to make it more comfortable, cheaper to run and better for the environment. Your Tutor Nick Parsons, creator of the South Yorkshire Energy Centre, specialising in eco-refurbishment is a renewables and green building consultant and practitioner.
Through a practical hands-on week you’ll learn all about energy efficiency, renewable energy, water re-use and conservation, healthy buildings and hazardous building materials.
The course is ideal for builders, architects and anyone who wishes to undertake their own refurbishment of an existing building with minimal environmental impact.
Topics covered include:
- Solid wall insulation.
- Insulating materials from the commonly available to the cutting edge along with the practical issues and compromises associated with each.
- U values and understanding the heat loss of buildings.
- Renewable energy options and sustainable water systems taught through specialist tours of the systems in use at CAT.
- Practical sessions from roof insulation, to water conservation and compost toilets.
- Consultation and advice on your own eco-refurbishment project.