Refine your search
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Accommodation at CAT and book online
Stay in an award-winning eco building in the foothills of the Snowdonia National Park for a different kind of get-away.
Situated in the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT), Europe’s leading eco centre, the WISE building has won numerous awards and accolades for its green credentials and beautiful architecture.
Simply furnished in a modern, uncluttered style, our en suite twin bedrooms offer stunning views into the Snowdonia National Park, and first floor rooms come with a shared garden terrace so you can really make the most of being in the heart of the Welsh countryside.
With 24 twin bedrooms available, we can accommodate large and small groups as well as individual bookings.
Breakfast, lunch and evening meals are available when pre-booked.
Our cafe serves a variety of delicious home-made vegetarian food & hot and cold drinks. We can cater for most special diets with prior notice.
Stay with us during the school holidays and you can enjoy a wide range of special activities on offer at CAT free of charge – eco activities for kids, guided tours, talks, workshops and more.
Powered by renewables and built with nature in mind, WISE is easily accessible by road and only three miles from the friendly town of Machynlleth, which has regular rail services from Birmingham and Shrewsbury.
- Children welcome
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Passenger lift
- Conference facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Children's outdoor play area
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Lift equipped with verbal floor announcements
- Lift equipped with raised floor numbers or braille numbers or letters
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Baby changing facilities
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Wet room
- Bathroom with emergency call system available
- Bedrooms available with emergency call systems such as vibrating pads (if fire alarm is activated)
- Bedrooms available with emergency call systems such as flashing lights (if fire alarm is activated)
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bedrooms available with separate, private or shared bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair users
- Entrance well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities