Refine your search
Add to shortlist button.
1. (00km) START (GR 879487) with your back to Neuadd Arms Hotel.
TURN L on M83 towards Beulah. TURN L before the Woollen Mill at 1km (0.6m) (GR 885 475). Follow lane, over cattle grid and on stony track climbing up to a forest edge junction.
2. (3.4km/2.1m) TURN L for climb of 1.5km (1 m) then level out before descent to bridleway junction 5.5km (3.4m) (GR 869507). TURN L and follow bridleway (muddy at 1st fragile surface) then stony (last 100m/90yds is steep) to forest road/bridleway x-roads.
3. (5.8km/3.6m) Go SO for technical descent to forest edge. Go SO through gate, follow fence line on your L into a field and until fence line veers L then drop R down steep field by left side of Penybont Farm. NOTE - please walk down field and through farm. Go through yard, down driveway to road.
4. (7km/4.4m) TURN R on road for 0.5km (0.3m) to Pwllbo picnic site. TURN R over white bridge for 3.3km (2m) climb into the forest. At the top you come to a T junction 11km (6.9m) (GR 860516) KEEP SO and soon the track descends. At the next junction KEEP L. (a fast descent; beware of bends!). The road soon starts to climb and at the next junction TURN R to next T junction.
5. (13.5km/8.4rn) KEEP SO down a straight track (gets narrow and wet!!) to forest edge 14.6km (9.1m) (GR 888523). Go SO through gate and follow LH fence line up gravel track. At next gate go SO but contour around hill on the LH fork. At next gate go SO to next bridleway junction 16km (lOm) (GR 903520). TURN R through the RH gate and down singletrack into valley (it starts off rather rocky) to cross ford at the bottom. Go SO through the
gate and climb valley's other side. The track swings sharply R by fence line on your L up the side of a field (this bit is very rutted). At next bridleway junction KEEP SO and go through field gate in front of you down stony track and through 2 sets of gates.
6. (18km/11.2m) Immediately after the 2nd gate FORK L down the grassy track to gate at the bottom of field. Go through the gate, over ford and climb steep bank up to a cottage. TURN L through a gate and follow track across field. Cross next ford and at the next junction KEEP L to SWING L through Bwlchmawr Farm 19km (11.8m) to TURN R on road. Follow road to Pistyllgwyn Farm and go through the yard onto a bridleway track. This
eventually bears left through a gate. TURN R, follow the track down and as you approach some ruins FORK.L down rutted track to gate. Keep on the bridleway through a series of gates, contouring around the hillside, then descending through a last set of gates to Woollen Mill. TURN R on the A483 (fast traffic!) for 1 km (0.8m) back to start.
SN 878467 52.10730 -3.63870
Llanwrtyd Wells is located on the main A483 road between Builth Wells and Llandovery. There is on-street parking available in the town.
The train station is approximately a 10 minute walk from the town along a paved walkway.
: 1 mile from Llanwrtyd station