Refine your search
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Red Kite Bed & Breakfast and book online
Cwmllechwedd Fawr is an ideal escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, sitting in the Mid Wales hills, in the parish of Llanbister and only a short drive away from Llandrindod Wells, with its Spa and lake, offering shops and great places to eat. The Royal Welsh shoe ground with its many events throughout the year is also close by. Offas Dkye can be reached on the drovers path that runs above the house at 1600 feet, where you can see The Radnor Hills and Brecon Beacons
There are two ponds with seating to enjoy the wildlife and birds, each of which Is in abundance around the farm. You will also see cattle and sheep grazing in the fields that surround the property.
(Due to the ponds we can not accept children under 12 years of age)
Cwmllechwedd fawr offers 3 guest rooms, each with tea/coffee making facilities, ironing facilities, television with DVD players, clock radios and many more quirky features.
Breakfast is taken in the great hall where the resident Dragon keeps an eye on events.
Breakfast can also be taken on the veranda along with afternoon tea. From here you can enjoy the garden and views beyond.
Wi-Fi is available throughout the house and a large selection of local books and maps can be found in the snug lounge on the first floor.
Board games are available in the great hall. A locked cycle shed and washing facilities are available.
Children welcome from age 12.
SO 137744 52.36130 -3.26754
Follow A483 north / south. When you hit the village of Llanbister turn through the village. Head up the hill and down the other side for 3 miles. You will come to a fork in the road. Take the left fork sign posted Llanbadarn Fynydd. We are 400 metres on the left
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Night porter
- Ironing facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Working farm
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from age 12.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with support handrails available
- Steps to the main entrance
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)